Follow the following steps to resolve the WebI display of Yellow and Blue issue.
1. Open the control panel.
2. Open Java control panel.
3. Select the Advanced tab and Under Security | Mixed Code
4. select “Enable – hide warning and run with protections” or select “Disable Verification”.
Issue Resolved…If you liked this post, buy me a beer. (Suggested: $3 a beer or $7.5 for a pitcher)
To resolve “CORBA Initialization failed”. (WIS 10901) error in WebI Rich Client 3.1 you will need to restart server intelligence agent .If you liked this post, buy me a beer. (Suggested: $3 a beer or $7.5 for a pitcher)
Follow these steps to have only PDF option enabled and export to excel disabled on Web Intelligence XI R2 SP4.
Login to CMC with the administrator account->folders->Particular folder->Rights->Particular group or user->Web intelligence document->Deny the right “Export the report’s data” and grant only the right “Export the Reports Data(PDF)”.
Login to infoview with the particular user ->Open the reports in the particular folder -> now we have only the option save the report in PDF format.If you liked this post, buy me a beer. (Suggested: $3 a beer or $7.5 for a pitcher)
1. You need to do highly formatted reports “canned” reports. These are often statements, financial stuff, bills, invoices, mail merge. More often than not these will be piped into infoview or scheduled out to people.
2. You need lots of flexibility in exporting the reports out – Crystal has multiple export formats.
3. You need to connect to non standard datasources, things like java beans, web services, and proxy logs.
4. You need the ability to very complex functions in a report – Crystal formula language is much more powerful than WEB Intelligence`s. On the other hand this ability can also be achieved in Web Intelligence in cunjunction with Universe.
Web Intelligence XI:
1. You need end users to have the ability to knock out ad hoc queries and their own reports.
2. You need to do OLAP type slice and dice analysis
3. You need multitab reporting.
4. You need to do OLAP type slice and dice analysis.
5. Your reporting need is basically a complex crosstab with nice “tweaker” flexibility.
6. No client tool required to create/edit reports, reduces adminstration and support costs. When have an upgrade, there is no client update for webi that’s a big advantage.
7. Web Intelligence reports sit much better in BOXI from an admin point of view.
Universe with Crystal Reports
1. Crystal Reports XI does not support multiple contexts in a single query from Universe, which is possible in Business Objects Web Intelligence.
2. Can’t remove a parameter even if the prompt is removed.
3. Crystal reports cannot cope with a semantic layer that generates more than one select statement for a given query
4. If the existing universe is modified then each crystal report needs to be manually updated to reflect the changes.
If you liked this post, buy me a beer. (Suggested: $3 a beer or $7.5 for a pitcher)